Be inspired by a session with the renowned Miguel Valls Martinez; Professor/Director of Music at Puebla de Trives School of Music. Mr Martinez's higher music education started at the A Coruña Conservatory of Music in 2008, graduating with a specialization in Piano Performance. Under the tutelage of his mentor Alan Weiss, he furthered his music at the Utrechts Conservatorium in Netherlands. His passion in the field of musical education eventually directed him to the International University of La Rioja (UNITE), where he graduated with a Masters in Secondary Teacher Education.
Since 2004 and for 8 years running, Mr Martinez has been actively involved as a participant/facilitator for various training courses in piano performance, chamber music and music education; developing a broad knowledge of music history along the way. Between 2009 and 2013, he held official teaching posts in piano and musical language at the Conservatories of Viveiro, Culleredo and Monforte de Lemos. His greatest contribution to the field of music education were during those years of 2011 - 2012. As the Professor/Director of Music of the Puebla de Trives School of Music, Mr Martinez took charge of its operation and organization, while teaching the subjects of musical language and piano himself. Simultaneously, he has played as an accompanist at various recitals and concerts at race weekend events. The more significant collaboration was with Karolina Michalska the violinist accompanied by himself as a soloist on the keys.
Currently, he is actively teaching piano lessons in private, sharing his rich knowledge of the musical language.
LATIN JAZZ PIANO CLINIC
conducted by Miguel Valls Martinex
Free Admission for Public & PBE Students
Date: 24 July 2016 Sunday
Time: 1400hrs - 1500hrs (1 hour session)
Venue: PBE Bugis Branch
245B Victoria Street, Singapore 188032
Masterclass studio Level 2
To register, email Name and Contact number
Registration for competition is FREE. Submissions are welcome from singles, duets, or bands.
50% score - from online voting at our PBE facebook page (starts on 1st April 2013)
50% score - from judging panel, based on musical creativity, uniqueness and depth of improvisation
Closing date: 3rd March 2013 | Voting date: 1st April 2013 | Voting ends on 20th April 2013
Winners for both categories will be announced at www.play-by-ear.net/events.html on 1st May 2013.
Category A - For members of the public- any musical instrument | Category B – For all registered PBE students - piano or keyboard only
Play by Ear will not have copyright of your songs, they will officially remain your property. By submitting your video, you agree to allow Play by Ear to post and advertise the video on any medium suitable. The earlier your submit your video, the more exposure you may get. Play by Ear will post the video online for the public as soon as possible. However, please note that actual voting only begins on 1 April 2013.
- Please note that your submission MUST be in video format (mp4 extension). Pure audio submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- Contest is Open to only Singaporeans, PR, EP, SP, WP, and Student Pass holders
- Video duration should not be longer than 60 sec. Song must only be "amazing grace", in any key of your choice with or without repetitions.
- Must use at least one musical instrument. For contestants in category B, only piano or keyboard (.e.g. synthesizer) is allowed.
- Elements in the video that reveal the identity(ies) of the contestants (eg faces, tattos, etc) will not affect your score
- The resolution quality of video will not affect your score, only the musical creativity. However please be aware that a poor quality video may affect
your online voting score, so it is advisable to provide a decent quality video.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. However, PBE students can join both category A (for public) and category B (for PBE students).
However, only 1 entry for each category and both entries must be completely different.
- The decision of the panel of judges is final and PBE reserves the right to reject any submission without giving any reason.
- PBE will not be reponsible for any lost/missing submissions. For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PBE reserve the right to cancel the competition without notice at any time or change the above terms without prior notice.