Designed to satisfy players who need the outstanding power of a professional MIDI controller combined with the feel of a real piano, the Physis Piano K5 features 76-note, weighted hammer-action keyboard able to provide an impressive feel and response. The instrument is expanded with Physis Piano “Physical Modeling Piano Board” making this keyboard really interesting choice for both stage and studio.
Purchase online at
|Number of keys||
Fatar Hammer Portable (HP)
Physis® Physical Sound Modelling
|Dimensions and Weight||
1,120 x 355 x 134 mm, 14.8 kg
Designed to satisfy players who need the outstanding power of a professional MIDI controller combined with the feel of a real piano, the Physis Piano K5 features 76-note, weighted hammer-action keyboard able to provide an impressive feel and response. A complete set of 27 Full Assignable real time Controllers, 256 independent Midi Channels on 8 zones, 4 USB host ports, tons of programmable scenes, will be able to allow a complete control over music software or the most complex MIDI environment. The instrument is expanded with Physis Piano “Physical Modeling Piano Board” making this keyboard really interesting choice for both stage and studio.
If you would like a the benefits of sound modelling at a lower cost, try Roland digital pianos such as the FP-90 that features their SuperNATURAL sound modelling technology.
The Physis Piano generates sound through a Patented system of mathematical algorithms. This process reproduces with absolute fidelity the dynamics and physical-acoustic phenomena of the piano – giving you the absolute most expressive and authentic playing experience.
Taking over 7 years of intense research, the Physis Piano contains six different sound generation algorithms: Acoustic Piano Model (APM), Electric Piano Model (EPM), Wurly Piano Model (WPM), Harpsichord Piano Model (CPM), Mallet Acoustic Model (AMM), High Definition Sound Engine (HDSE). This sound library has been designed and optimized to give you a set of reference sounds of a fidelity never experienced before. The expressive possibilities of the Physis Piano are limitless.
This instrument gives you not only a great control over the sound, but also endless customization. You can create your own piano – modifying the length of the piano, the resonance of the strings, the morphology of the hammers and much more! Or, configure your own electric piano – modifying the position of the transducers or the size of the tone bar. Everything thanks to the amazing internal computational power which is estimated at up to 24 BILLION calculations per second!
|Technology||PHYSIS® PHYSICAL MODELING|
|Keyboard||76 Hammer-Action Light Weighted keys with Aftertouch|
|Controls||– 1 x Audio Volume Slider
– 8 x lighted Zone Buttons
– 4 x lighted Bank Buttons of 27 full-assignable Controls
– 9 x full-360° Rotary Controls ( with 4 Banks for 36 pots in total )
– 9 x long-throw 45mm Slider Controls ( with 4 Banks for 36 pots in total )
– 9 x lighted Button Controls ( with 4 Banks for 36 switches in total )
– 2 x 180° Wheels ( 1 Wheel with 90° centered position )
– 8 x full-assignable potentiometric Pedal Inputs
– Fast entry Alpha-Numeric Keypad
– 5 x dedicated Sequencer Remote Buttons for Midi Machine Control Commands
– 1 x dedicated Transpose Button for fast changes of key
– 4.3″ Multicolor Graphic LCD Display (480*272 dots)
|Memories||– 128 full-programmable Performances
– 4 Indipendent Scenes for each Performance
– 8 Midi Zones + 4 Controller Banks for each Scene
– Selectable/Editable Velocity Curves + Velocity Ranges and Key Ranges for each Zone
|Connections||– 8 x Indipendent Midi Outputs
– 2 x Indipendent Midi Inputs
– 4 x Host USB Ports
– 1 x Device USB Port (Windows XP ® / Windows 7 ® and Mac OS X ® compatible)
– 2 x Audio Outputs ( L/R unbalanced 1/4″ jack )
– 1 x Headphones Output ( stereo 1/4″ jack )
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||mm 1120 x 134 x 355 – 44,1″ x 5.3″ x 14.0″|
|Colours / Finishes||Blue|
|Weight||Kg 14,8 / Lbs 32,62|